AMBIENT FOOD & DRINK BUYER – FIXED TERM MATERNITY COVER: COTSWOLDS OR LONDON
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is a fixed term maternity cover position based at our Cotswold Farm or our London Head Office.
As one of a team of four buyers, you will be responsible for the commercial performance of our ambient food, drink, hampers & gifting range. Key elements of the role include supplier management, maximizing sales, margin and minimizing waste, NPD project management and staying abreast of market trends to ensure your range is innovative and aspirational. You’ll play a key role within the team with the following responsibilities:
- Define, own and deliver a range that reflects the Food retail strategy and embraces quality, innovation, seasonality and sustainability.
- Work closely with the relevant sales channels and supply chain team to maximize sales, margin and minimize waste for your category and report on a monthly basis against the budget.
- Lead and support on assigned NPD projects working closely with our packaging, creative, production and technical teams.
- Deliver bi-annual category reviews to ensure ongoing range improvement and recommendations for NPD.
- Manage accreditation, quality, service and cost across major suppliers through a structured approach to supply relationship management with clear KPI’s, terms of business and continuous review.
- Bring the product to life, exciting the stores through full engagement and sharing of product knowledge and relevant training and planning materials.
- Ensure maintenance of site specific merchandising, stock checkers and planograms for retail spaces.
We are looking for someone who is currently an Assistant/Junior Buyer looking to take the next step to managing their own category. Ideally you will have a minimum of two years’ experience working within a food retail environment. Working within a team of four buyers, you’ll need to combine great commercial awareness with an entrepreneurial spirit as well as the ability to manage a challenging supply base. This will include:
- A love for food, and deep understanding of what it takes to deliver a high quality customer focused product offer in a retail environment.
- Experience in supplier relationship management including all aspects of supplier reviews, KPI targets and supply base strategy.
- The ability to demonstrate an excellent understanding of commercial performance in a multi-category retail environment and a proven track record of delivering results.
- Process-driven and pro-actively skilled at working with data, not dependent on “big company” systems to plan and manage your capacity and workload.
In exchange for your passion and commitment you will receive
- Competitive salary plus bonuses
- Career progression
- 28 days’ holiday (incl. bank holiday)
- 30% staff discount
- Stakeholder pension scheme and life insurance
- Subsidised private medical insurance
- Access to childcare voucher scheme
If this sounds like you, please send your CV and a brief letter to email@example.com making sure it includes your contact telephone number so that if your application is successful, we can call you and arrange a chat.
Closing date 5th January 2018, starting on 5th March 2018. Maternity leave cover, approximately 12 months.