ABOUT THE ROLE
Daylesford Organic Farm is looking for a talented designer to join our team full-time in London. Daylesford is a growing business with a unique scope across food and drink, organic farming, household goods, floristry, events, workshops, our Cookery School, cottages, education and wellness. As a Designer, you would be responsible for bringing the farm and our brand values to life for customers across our three London farm shops and our flagship in the Cotswolds.
Working with one other Designer and reporting to the Creative Director you will be asked to turn your hand to everything Daylesford requires; from packaging to brochures, signage, photography direction, menus, our seasonal journal, eBooks and digital graphics.
- Professional design experience, including food or lifestyle retail.
- Experience in story-telling for customers in a retail or public space.
- Able to lead packaging designs from concept through to artwork.
- Experience in managing a budget, or with sourcing and managing costs.
- Excellent skills in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop.
- You must have a passion for food, sustainability, wellness and organic farming.
- Inquisitive and alert – you immerse yourself in design and are enthusiastic about bringing new ideas and design concepts to the table.
- Organised – you have the ability to plan ahead and meet deadlines.
- Flexible – you will be working on multiple projects each day with shifting timelines.
- Proactive – you must be able to work independently to seek out information within Daylesford and beyond to progress your projects.
- Responsible – ability to take responsibility for your own projects and ensure they are delivered on time and to the highest standard.
- Team player – be able to build great relationships within the business and with our suppliers.
- Determined – you always get the job done.
- Following creative direction, develop emotionally engaging, consistent visual story-telling throughout our customer’s journey, from the moment they first hear or see our brand and products.
- Create covetable packaging designs which represent the Daylesford brand values.
- Good technical and problem-solving abilities regarding print specifications, packaging construction and product margin.
- Ability to ensure accurate artwork is produced. Experience with print proofs and creating packaging artwork is essential.
- Design and coordinate the seasonal install of signage and messaging with internal and external teams. We have five seasonal changes a year, these require working evenings and early mornings outside of farmshop hours.
- Assess the photography requirements for new projects, coordinate the shoots for print and digital imagery, ensure timely delivery and brand consistency.
- Excellent spelling and grammar required, ideally with the ability to reflect the Daylesford voice in short copywriting.
- Able and keen to mentor and enthuse junior team members.
- You will be expected to travel to the farm shop in the Cotswolds a few times a month.
- 40 hours / week, 9am – 6pm.
In exchange for your passion and commitment you will receive:
- Competitive salary
• 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
• 30% staff discount
• Stakeholder pension scheme with life insurance
• Subsidised private medical insurance
• Access to childcare voucher scheme
APPLY TO THIS ROLE
If you wish to apply for this role, email to introduce yourself, including why you feel you’d be a good fit for the role, and either a portfolio of your work (under 10MB) or link to an online portfolio to Amy.Devine@daylesford.com with “Designer Role” n your email subject.