JUNIOR SOUS CHEF: LONDON
We are currently looking for a passionate Junior Sous Chef available to start immediately. Competitive salary plus bonus, 30% staff discount, development and many other benefits. Immediate start!
At Daylesford, we’ve been farming organically for over 35 years, first in Staffordshire and then the Cotswolds. What began as a simple passion for real food has grown into Daylesford as we know it today. We are one of the most sustainable organic farms, and own some of the most sustainable restaurants in the whole country.
About the role
As a Junior Sous Chef, you will be able to execute all dishes as per menu specs. Ideally you’ll have worked in similar food, restaurant or café environments before or you’ll simply have a passion for good food so that the basics come easily to you. Knowing quite a bit about us, our produce and our recipes is a must. The role will require bags of stamina and you’ll enjoy the fast pace of working in our kitchens. Your natural confidence will enable you to give calm and clear instruction during busy periods. You’ll be very organised and able to seamlessly coordinate your station. Having good written and spoken English is pretty important too. We are open 7 days a week therefore, being able to work flexibly is vital. You’ll also have a unique opportunity to work with people who truly enjoy what they do as well as the prospect of learning interesting stuff about our farm, our ingredients, our produce, our culture and what makes us special.
- Execute the café menu brilliantly and follow the specs compiled by Kitchens Manager
- Deliver creative, seasonal, on brand specials, highlighting produce from the farm, using that week’s hero produce as communicated at the weekly MMM & linked to theme where appropriate
- Ensure happy and motivated team of food lovers
- Assist the head chef managing the kitchen rota effectively to deliver labour targets
- Work alongside the head chef to maintain a safe workplace and take H&S responsibility for Farm kitchens
- Ensure the cleaning rota is followed and adhered to at all times
In exchange for your passion and commitment you will receive
- Competitive salary plus bonuses
- Career progression
- 28 days holiday (incl bank holiday)
- 50% staff lunch discount
- 30% company discount
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Subsidised private medical insurance
Apply to this role
If you wish to apply to this role, click on the button below to email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Junior Sous Chef Opportunities’ in your subject title.