PRODUCTION ASSISTANT: COTSWOLDS
We are currently looking for a passionate production assistant to join our production units on the farm in Gloucestershire. Competitive salary, 30% staff discount, development and many other benefits.
About the role
As a Production Assistant at Daylesford you will be working towards producing the highest-quality food at our organic farm in rural Gloucestershire. We have a total of five production units here on the farm in which we produce our cheeses and dairy products (in the Creamery), hams and pates (Charcuterie), cakes, biscuits and desserts (Patisserie), fresh bread and pastries (Bakery), as well as organic real-meals and soups (Blackbarn production kitchen). As a Production Assistant, your work is likely to involve working in one specific area within the above locations, but a willingness to be flexible in working location is preferred. The role involves assisting the Production Manager on a daily basis to produce the necessary foods to the correct company specifications and quality standards according to the orders placed by our retail and wholesale customers, whilst complying with legal Health and Safety standards.
A successful candidate should possess a positive ‘can-do’ attitude, an eagerness to learn and develop, should take pride in their work, and never overlook poor standards. We are looking for an open, honest and tolerant individual, who will also therefore be a strong team-player, with a passion for food, cooking, and great quality organic produce. You will be working within a fast-paced, varied and extremely rewarding environment, and your duties will include the following: basic food preparation, packing, cleaning and general kitchen duties. Experience is not essential but would be of an advantage.
- Ensure that all ingredients are prepared, weighed and measured ready for production
- Working safely and efficiently to ensure that all daily orders are completed at a fulfilment rate of 98% or above to highlight Health and Safety matters to your line manager
- Attend training courses when requested
- Comply with the production unit’s internal audit requirements
- Execute all products as per company specifications
- Execute all food preparation in a timely and professional manner
- Adhere to the standards set out by the Soil Association
- Ensure all work areas are clean and tidy at all times
- Ensure rubbish is separated into correct recycling bins and is removed from site throughout, as well as at the end of, shift
- Always promote a positive image of Daylesford Organic
In exchange for your passion and commitment you will receive
- Competitive salary
- Career progression
- 28 days holiday (incl. bank holiday)
- 30% staff discount
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Subsidised private medical insurance
- Access to our childcare voucher scheme
Apply to this role
If you wish to apply to this role, email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org ‘Production Assistant’ in your email subject’.