Daylesford Organic Limited is committed to protecting your personal information and complying with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). This policy describes how we collect, use, store and disclose your personal information.
Daylesford Organic Limited (“Daylesford”) is the lead data controller in respect of personal data processed under this policy. Daylesford Organic Limited’s company number is 03868901 and registered address is 19 Mossop Street, London SW3 2LY.
This policy applies to any personal information provided by you through the Daylesford websites (www.daylesford.com) or through your interactions with us through Daylesford stores.
Why do we collect personal information about you?
Daylesford collects personal information about you to inform you about, and provide you with, Daylesford products or services, to deal with any enquiries you may have about them and to improve and develop these and the site for the future.
What Personal Information do we collect?
- Daylesford collects the following types of personal information about you:
- Identity data – Forename and surname, Company name (if relevant), gender, marital and family status (if you make this known to us in our dealings), birthday
- Contact data – E-mail address, Telephone number, Address, Delivery name and address
- Transaction data – Details of the Daylesford products or service you have purchased from us and information about whether or not payment has been made
- Profile data such as log-in information, purchases made or courses or cottages booked by you, your interests and preferences and any feedback and survey responses
- Marketing and communications data such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain information from your account with those other services. For example, if you’re using the site on your mobile, you may choose to provide us with location data. The information we obtain from those services does depend on your settings for that service or their privacy policies. So you should always regularly check what those are.
With regard to each of your and your authorised users visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
– technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect the computer to the Internet, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
– information about the visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
We also collect Aggregated Data includes statistical or demographic data, for example we may aggregate your usage data to calculate the percentage of users using a specific Website feature. Aggregate data is not considered personal data, however if we combine aggregate date with personal data we then treat it as personal data.
For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see the Cookies Policy.
How do we receive personal information about you?
Daylesford receives this personal information about you when you contact us directly in store or via email or telephone or visit the Daylesford website to request to purchase a Daylesford product or service, to create an account, to make a general enquiry, to book a course or cottage, to provide us with feedback or to request marketing information.
How do we use Personal Information about you?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to – where we need to perform a contract with you, where necessary for our legitimate interests where those are not override by your interests and rights, for legal compliance and where none of those apply, with your consent.
Daylesford uses personal information about you:
- to identify who you are when you contact us
- to provide you with the Daylesford products or services you have requested (and note we may not be able to perform a contract to provide products or services if you fail to provide certain of the information requested)
- to ensure payment for Daylesford products or services purchased and to prevent or detect fraud
- to understand what Daylesford products or services you may be interested in
- to contact you regarding your Daylesford products to provide you with e-receipts, to answer your general enquiries or to administer warranty claims or product safety related communications
- to contact you regarding your Daylesford services to update you regarding your bookings
- to improve Daylesford products or services and to carry out customer surveys
- to resolve complaints or issues you may have with a Daylesford product or service
- to manage our relationship with you
- to send you marketing information about Daylesford products or services or general Daylesford news that you may be interested in
- to invite you to Daylesford events you may be interested in
- to improve our customer relationship with you
We use the information we collect about you
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
You will receive e-newsletters and other electronic marketing from us only if you have requested this.
How will we contact you?
Daylesford and its third party service providers (eg, order fulfilment providers, payment processors, marketing fulfilment agencies and customer service agencies) may contact you by post, telephone, email and/or text message, unless you have told us not to or have registered with the telephone or post preference services.
Who do we provide this personal information to?
Daylesford will provide your personal information to:
- our service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as our payment fulfilment provider, delivery providers, marketing fulfilment agencies or IT service providers or professional advisers who provide legal, consultancy, insurance or accounting services;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the site
- the payment facilitators to process payment and to undertake fraud prevention checks
In the event that you make payment over the phone then we directly input the payment details into our encrypted payment system. These details may be held to secure bookings and to draw payment of any booking fees or cancellation fees in line with our cancellation policy but will not be fully visible to us or otherwise recorded.
Where we store your information
All personal information we have about you in store or through the site is stored on secure servers operated by Daylesford or its third party IT service providers. Where you have a personal shopping service with members of our staff they may keep your contact details to hand in their records. We have put or ensure that there are in place appropriate security measures and policies to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Where information has been passed to our third party service providers it will be stored on their secure servers. These third party service providers have access to your personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Daylesford ensures that these third party service providers will only process your personal data in accordance with this policy and applicable Data Protection legislation.
Your personal information will be held in Daylesford’s customer relationship management systems for an indefinite period. Daylesford will carry out periodic data cleanses of this information to ensure that it is up to date and accurate and it is still reasonably necessary for us to retain it to fulfil the purposes we collected it for.
You have the following rights in connection with your personal information processed by Daylesford:
- Access – you can request access to your personal information and further details about how your personal information is handled by Daylesford
- Object – you have the right to object to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes or where the processing isn’t necessary for the purposes of the contract between us or legitimate interests pursued by Daylesford or by a third party
- Rectification – you can request rectification of any incorrect personal data held about you
- Erasure – you can request erasure of any personal data where the processing isn’t necessary for the purposes of the contract between us or the legitimate interests pursued by Daylesford or by a third party
You have a right at any time to withdraw consent to receiving marketing from Daylesford and/or to amend the delivery method we use. To manage your rights and delivery preferences please follow the instructions in our marketing communications, enquiry forms or write to us at:
Post: Daylesford Marketing Department, Daylesford Limited, 19 Mossop Street, London SW3 2LY
Where you opt out of marketing, we may nonetheless retain your information in connection with previous transactions or correspondence for so long as is reasonably necessary in connection with the same.
You can also exercise any of these rights at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
Please note when you seek to enforce any of your rights, we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity as a security measure. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
If you are concerned or have questions about how Daylesford handles your personal data please contact us and we will do our best to assist you.
Please note that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (or any other appropriate supervisory authority), which may be accessed through the following link https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.