HERBED CUCUMBER AND YOGHURT SALAD WITH EDIBLE FLOWERS
- 1 large cucumber (roughly 500g), seeded centre removed
- 1⁄2 red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 100G ORGANIC NATURAL YOGHURT
- 2.5 tbsps lemon juice
- 1⁄4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp dill, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp mint, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 tsp salt generous twist of black pepper
Simple, light and utterly refreshing, this is cucumber and yoghurt salad is truly a dish for summer. We like to use bee-friendly herbs and flowers as garnishes; try chive flowers, borage, fennel tops or thyme.
Discover more recipes like this on our Daylesford Seasonal Salads course.
Slice (and peel if you wish) the cucumber on an angle into strips about 0.5cm thick. Transfer to a bowl with the red onion and toss together.
Put all of the ingredients for the dressing into a separate bowl and whisk thoroughly to combine. Pour the dressing over the cucumber and toss until evenly coated. Sprinkle with the nigella seeds and edible flowers before enjoying straight away.
Want to keep up-to-date with Daylesford?For our latest news, information on our events, and recipes straight to your inbox, subscribe to our mailing list.