- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, diced into 2cm cubes
- 300g butternut squash, diced into 2cm cubes
- 2 peppers (red, yellow or both)
- 1 heaped tsp smoked paprika
- Generous pinch of chili powder
- 1 medium chili, finely chopped
- 1 TBSP ORGANIC TOMATO PURÉE
- 1 CAN ORGANIC CHOPPED TOMATOES
- 1 CAN ORGANIC KIDNEY BEANS, RINSED
- 3g fresh kale, leaves picked from 3 big stalks and roughly chopped
- 150G NATURAL YOGHURT
- 10g fresh coriander, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- Twist of salt Lemon juice, to taste
This simple vegetarian chili recipe combines warming spices with nourishing chopped root vegetables and beans to make a satisfying dish that’s full of plant-based protein. Any hints of spice are instantly cooled with the fresh coriander yoghurt.
A great way to enjoy fresh produce that has been picked in season all year round and perfect for a simple family meal! Join us for our 5 Meals For 5 Days to discover more ways of planning meals ahead of time, shopping for food effectively and creating five delicious meals to be enjoyed by the whole family.
Put the onion and garlic into a pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil and sweat over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Next, add the carrot, butternut squash, peppers, spices, fresh chili and tomato paste then put the lid on the pan and gently sweat for a further 5 minutes.
Add the chopped tomatoes and kidney beans and stir everything together. Return the pan to the heat and simmer gently for a further 20 minutes until thick and flavorsome. Season well to taste with salt and lots of fresh cracked pepper. A few minutes before serving, add in the chopped kale and simmer until wilted.
To make the coriander yoghurt, simply combine all of the ingredients together, adjusting the salt and lemon to taste.
Serve as it is, with rice or baked potatoes and with a big spoonful of yoghurt over the top.
Want to keep up-to-date with Daylesford?For our latest news, information on our events, and recipes straight to your inbox, subscribe to our mailing list.